Melody Cheal MSc Applied Positive Psychology
I began my own journey into Personal Development when I was twenty-nine years old. Up until that time I had been mildly depressed, I was in a dead-end job and my personal relationships were unsatisfying.
I attended a short personal development course that mixed guided visualisations, meditation, psycho-drama and philosophical discussion. As a consequence, I experienced a paradigm shift in my thinking and was able to recognise that I had value and worth as a human being. This was a life-changing moment for me.
As a result, I changed everything in my life and took on the mission of helping others make similar shifts in their lives. I retrained, went to university and started looking for new ways of making a difference.
During that time I met Joe Cheal, my husband and co-trainer on many of the courses offered at GWiz NLP. We have now been married for twenty-five years and helping others for a similar length of time.
I am passionate about providing more than just training for the people who attend our courses. It is important to me that our students feel part of a community with ongoing support, encouragement and mentoring to help them achieve the outcomes they desire.
My other passion is Wildlife and Conservation. I have always taken a keen interest in the natural world and wildlife photography is one of my hobbies.
More recently I decided to take this passion further by changing my long-time membership with Sussex Wildlife Trust (SWT) from a Personal Membership to an Organisational Membership.
I donate time to provide training and coaching to Sussex Wildlife Trust pro bono. You will also meet SWT staff on some of my public courses as I also provide several free places to them each year.
This is one of the ways I make a contribution to society.
Click the link to find out more about Melody’s work history Link
More on how I help others in my work:
I have four different methods for helping people:
- Accredited Training courses in NLP, Coaching and Hypnotherapy– the training courses offer you a way to develop a set of skills to help yourself and others. You may also be surprised to discover that you are likely to experience personal transformation along the way. For example, our NLP Practitioner Training often encourages a growth mindset and increases both resilience and self-esteem.
- Short Personal Development Courses – the one to four-day courses will give you that boost to start making personal changes. There are two new courses coming in 2020 “Finding your Voice” and “Building your Resilience”.
- Supervision, Coaching and Mentoring for Coaching, Hypnotherapy and NLP Practitioners – this service is specifically for you if you have or would like to have a business offering help to others. I provide you with professional and personal support in reaching your goals.
- One to one support sessions – you can work with me privately to clear personal limitations, build confidence and overcome issues that have been holding you back. There are a range of options available including one hour sessions, extended breakthrough sessions and video conferencing. The focus can be personal or professional development.
Awards and Recognition
In 2019 Melody was shortlisted for the Research Award Category at the NLP Awards London. She was awarded the runners up Certificate for her work researching how NLP improves Self-esteem and Well-being.
Her dissertation for this research was published in the NLP Journal and she presented the paper at the NLP Research Conference.
Melody was awarded Speaker of the Year 2019 by Kent CIPD. She was invited to act as MC for the CIPD Kent Branch Awards.
Find out more:
Latest posts by Melody Cheal MSc MAPP (see all)
- How can you let go of Imposter Syndrome and step into your Confidence? - January 17, 2020
- How to build resilience and well-being by creating a self-care positive reminiscing practice - January 2, 2020
- Why do you bother with New Year Resolutions? Isn’t it just a set up to failure? - December 31, 2019