Checking how you care for yourself psychologically…
This week I will offer one final audit for you to carry out, psychological self-care. So what do you mean when you say “psychological self-care”?
That’s a great question, I’m glad you asked. From my perspective this is about your internal representations and that means how you store information. This will be in the form of thoughts, images, sounds, sensations, emotions and even taste and smell. These in turn will create patterns of thought, responding and behaviour.
So here is this week’s audit.
- How are you talking to yourself? Are you kind? Are you critical?
- When you check your internal image of yourself, how do you see yourself?
- How do you respond to compliments?
- How do your respond to critical feedback?
- What are you believing about yourself that is limiting you in some way? What are you believing about yourself that empowers you in some way?
- What are you believing about others that creates challenges? What are you believing about others that creates connection?
- What are your patterns in significant relationships?
- What is your relationship to confidence?
- What is your sense of self? Do you value yourself? Do recognise your worth?
- Where in your life are you unfulfilled (if anywhere) and how are your thoughts connected to that?
As with the previous audits, consider what questions I’ve left out.
What else is important to you?
You might want to consider an audit for your self-care in regards to Spirituality, in relationships or behaviourally. I’ll leave you to reflect on those for yourself and next week we will begin exploring strategies for self-care.
- Who are you? - September 9, 2021
- How are training courses evolving to meet the challenges of the pandemic world? - August 12, 2021
- What is a Well-being Café? How can you give a Virtual Hug to those who need it? - January 21, 2021