Emotional intelligence is not just about understanding others.
Last week I invited you to take an audit of your how well you are applying self-care to yourself physically. I wonder how you got on and if you have already made some adjustments based on your own reflections.
Later in the series I will come back to each of the points we audited last time with some ideas on how to look after yourself even better on the physical level.
Before we do that let us continue with the audit, this time the focus is on Emotional Self-care. Here are the next set of questions:
- Do you recognise your own emotions when you are experiencing them?
- Do you know the difference between here and now emotions and historically conditioned emotions?
- Are you associated or disassociated when you experience emotions?
- Does it vary depending on which emotion it is?
- Are there some emotions you believe are not okay?
- Are you aware of specific triggers for specific emotional responses?
- Do you ever feel out of control with your emotions?
- Do you ever feel remote and disconnected from your emotions?
- Are you aware of how personality difference might impact on emotions?
- Do you have strategies for managing your own emotions?
What questions have I missed out? Let me know what else is important to you for emotional self-care.
Next week the audit will be for Psychological Self-care.
- Who are you? - September 9, 2021
- How are training courses evolving to meet the challenges of the pandemic world? - August 12, 2021
- What is a Well-being Café? How can you give a Virtual Hug to those who need it? - January 21, 2021