- 1 What is a GWiz NLP Coaching Circle and why would I find it useful to take part?
- 2 Scroll down for dates
- 3 What is Coaching Supervision?
- 4 Who is eligible for the GWiz Supervision and Coaching Circle Group?
- 5 Why attend supervision with Melody Cheal?
- 6 How is the supervision group structured?
- 7 How do I book a Supervision Group session?
What is a GWiz NLP Coaching Circle and why would I find it useful to take part?
Our GWiz NLP Coaching Circles are facilitated by Melody Cheal, NLP Master Trainer and limited to eight participants. The Circle consists of a series of rounds with the following structure:
- An NLP Practitioner elicits an issue from another participant, who takes the role of “client”.
- The Practitioner next elicits a Well Formed Outcome.
- In discussion with Melody, the Practitioner selects an NLP approach or technique.
- The Practitioner takes the “client” through the process receiving coaching where necessary.
- Melody provides feedback, encourage and tips after the mini-session.
- The group briefly discuss the process and results
- End of round
As an NLP Practitioner you will be able to sharpen your skills in a safe environment and so enhance your confidence when working with paying clients. As a bonus when you take on the role of client you have the opportunity get some “FREE” Change! You will learn from three perspectives, NLP Practitioner, Client and Meta (Observer) which in turn will deepen your learning.
Coaching circle takes place in the morning slot.
CPD Certificates are available for this event.
Scroll down for dates
What is Coaching Supervision?
Supervision is a key element of good coaching practice providing the Coach, NLP Practitioner or Hypnotherapist with support and development. It also signals a professional approach to your client. Supervision is essentially the process of going “meta” to your coaching and mentoring practice, it helps you to metaphorically take a step back and look at your work from a new perspective.
You will attend this group to:
- Gain essential support and feedback of your work.
- To learn and develop, in a supervision group you will learn from other people’s experiences as well as your own.
- Check that you are managing transference and counter- transference effectively.
- Check your thinking around content, processes, ethics and professional practice.
- Gain mentoring and advice.
- Experience the support, reassurance and encouragement often missing for sole traders working alone.
- Gain CPD credits.
Would you like to train to be a Supervisor?
Who is eligible for the GWiz Supervision and Coaching Circle Group?
This group is aimed at Practitioners in Coaching, NLP and Hypnotherapy. You will already have clients and you are wanting to ensure your practice is professional and ethical.
Why attend supervision with Melody Cheal?
Melody has worked as an executive coach, personal development coach and a therapist for over twenty years. This provides her with experience of working with very different client groups
She holds a degree in Psychology and a diploma in Psychotherapy and Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Master Practitioner in NLP and is a certified Master Trainer of NLP and Neuro Linguistic Psychology. She also has an MSc in Applied Positive Psychology.
Melody is the co-founder of the international Positive School of Intrinsic Neuro Linguistic Psychology with her GWiz partner Joe Cheal and their American partner, Julie Silverthorn. She is a practitioner in both Myers Briggs Type Indicator and Emotional Intelligence. Melody is also a qualified Humanistic Neuro-linguistic Psychology Coach and co-creator of the iNLP Coaching Model.
In addition to this she was a Director of the Institute of Developmental Transactional Analysis and the co-ordinator for a working group for the European Mentoring and Coaching Council.
She has been running accredited training programmes for professionals for over 15 years including ILM, AC and ANLP accredited courses. Throughout that time she has continued to provide her students with supervision, support and mentoring.
How is the supervision group structured?
The group is three to eight people with a maximum of eight.
At the beginning of each session Melody will facilitate the setting of an agenda. Participants with supervision issues will provide a one line description of the issue. Some participants will have more than one and some participants may not have anything to present but still wish to take part in the group.
The agenda will guide the session. Each supervision “slot” is twenty minutes, the slot is timed and followed by a process review. During the supervision slot the rest of the group observe and make notes. After the completion of the supervision the group are invited to discuss the process and personal insights. The content of the supervision is not up for discussion as this belongs to the Coach/Practitioner. Contracting is used through out.
Melody uses a supervision model based on a combination of NLP and TA.
How do I book a Supervision Group session?
Sessions are booked and paid for in advance by applying directly to Melody via email email@example.com
The following dates have been scheduled:
Dates for 2021
Social Distancing means these sessions are now on Zoom and have been split into two sessions on different days. The morning sessions are for the Coaching Circle and the afternoon sessions are the Supervision Group.
Coaching Circle:Tuesday, 20th April (FULL) , 9.30 am to 1pm
Supervision Group: Tuesday, 27th April, 1.30pm to 5pm (2 spaces left)
Coaching Circle: Friday, 28th May, 9.30 am to 1pm (FULL)
Supervision Group: Friday, 4th June, 1.30pm to 5pm (FULL)
Coaching Circle: Friday, 25th June, 9.30am to 1pm (7 spaces left)
Supervision Group: Friday, 2nd July, 1.30pm to 5pm (7 spaces left)
Coaching Circle: Friday, 6th August, 9.30am to 1pm (7 spaces left)
Supervision Group: Friday, 13th August, 1.30pm to 5pm (7 spaces left)
Coaching Circle: Friday, 10th September, 9.30am to 1pm (7 spaces left)
Supervision Group: Friday, 17th September, 1.30pm to 5pm (7 spaces left)
Coaching Circle: Friday, 8th October, 9.30am to 1pm (7 spaces left)
Supervision Group: Friday, 17th October, 1.30pm to 5pm (7 spaces left)
Coaching Circle: Wednesday, 3rd November, 9.30am to 1pm
Supervision Group: Wednesday, 10th November, 1.30pm to 5pm
Coaching Circle: Wednesday, 8th December, 9.30am to 1pm
Supervision Group: Wednesday, 15th December, 1.30pm to 5pm
GWiz students and graduates pay just £50 per half day
Non GWiz participants pay £80 per half day
NB: A GWiz graduate will have attended a minimum of four days training with GWiz either for NLP, Coaching or Hypnotherapy.
Terms and Conditions
There are strict terms and conditions for this group as numbers are limited.
The minimum number for the group to run is three and the maximum is eight.
There is no refund or transfer for cancellations with less than seven days’ notice. Although if we have a waiting list this will be waived.
Find out more:
- Are you thinking about a career as a Coach? - November 19, 2021
- What has promoting your Coaching Business got to do with used Car Salesmen? - November 12, 2021
- Are you a coach trying to market your business? Are you tempted by the get rich quick marketing adverts? - November 5, 2021